Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2017, 08:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Black Sails White Diamond (Ginger and Mikkaddo)  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Ginger

Re: Black Sails White Diamond (Ginger and Mikkaddo)
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »
"You told me to keep my mouth shut," she spoke as she turned around to face the Captain who she hadn't hear creep up on her. She really needed to stop spacing out. She huffed and pressed her back to the railing of the ship, feeling the warm wood work into her lower back. "I figured what better way to keep out of trouble than to disappear completely? I've still been doing my work, though." She waved her hand around. "Don't think I've been slacking and being dead weight. I'm just really good at blending in. Served me well as a pick pocket." She grinned at him.

She hadn't realized how tall he was and that he towered over her, she had to tilt her head up to look him in the eyes.

"Did you need me for something or have you come to let your little Raven there have her way with me? I do have to get back to work, you know." She sassed him, pushing off from the worn wood and taking a step further, closing the space in between them.

"Well?" She looked up at him, squaring her shoulders. She wasn't quite challenging him. This was more of a way to show that she wasn't scared of him.

Life isn't what you expect it to be.

Offline Mikkaddo

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2017, 11:05:56 PM »
When she stepped forward, not exactly challenging but asserting her own dominance, he couldn't help but grin down at her, not a full grin but more of a turn on his lips than before. "Mm, if the Raven were to have her way, you would know . . . she wouldn't do that in publiv on the deck here . . ." He chuckled, and the Raven squawked at them both.

He stared her down and gave a small chuckle. "I have a use for you, once we get to land . . . before then, there's something else I want you to see, tonight around midnight, come up to the deck, you needn't worry about the rest of the crew, they'll be asleep by then."
I have killed more men than you have met, you stand before me you stand before the ghosts of those fallen. Do you believe we stand as equals?

Offline Ginger

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »
She stood her ground as she stared up at him and she grinned right back.

"That's good to know," she said, "I'll just have to worry about her following me back to my room." She shot a look to the Raven before stuffing her hands into her pockets.

It seemed he found her amusing, though that wasn't her intentions, but it worked.

"Scandalous," she mused. "Meeting the Captain on the deck at midnight." She laughed, nodding in his direction as she passed by him. "I'll be there." She called back to him as she went to go make quick work of the rest of her chores.

Offline Mikkaddo

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 12:11:56 AM »
The rest of that day was mostly calm, the sea was still throwing the ship back and forth, and nearly threw the ship into the air. Once midnight came, the crew was asleep and the ship had quieted, men could be heard snoring in all directions, all but the fewest lanterns snuffed and cold.

On the top deck, when she came out from the stairs, she could see the Captain waiting, the wheel had been locked to keep the ship going in the same direction, a storm brewing off the side of the vessel to the south. He was at the rail, watching the storm build and flow, as it creeped closer to them. The Raven was nowhere to be seen or heard.
I have killed more men than you have met, you stand before me you stand before the ghosts of those fallen. Do you believe we stand as equals?

Offline Ginger

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 02:19:20 AM »
Kar spent the good part of the day finishing up her chores and staying clear of trouble, getting even snagging a bit to eat.
When night finally fell she made her way to the deck. An eerie calm crept over the deck at this hour and it made her extremely uncomfortable. She spied the Captain waiting near the wheel. She smiled and stood watching him for a while before getting the nerve to go over to him.

She silently crossed the deck and came to stand at his side.

"So..." she started, treading carefully, wondering what tonight would bring. "What's the plan for me?"

The ship swayed a little and Kar looked off to the side and wrinkled her face, seeing the huge storm brewing. This whole situation made her extremely uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:32:25 AM by Ginger »

Offline Mikkaddo

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:12 AM »
He was looking off at the storm, watching it very carefully. "That storm, is going to smash this ship to kindling if it catches us . . . but, if we can make it to our destination quick enough, it might just end up breaking up or perhaps it will dissipate by then . . ." He didn't look at her for a long time. The storm roiled and threw lightning at the water, sending up shots of mist and sparks.

"A storm . . . that's what would happen if you were discovered . . . unless of course . . . you were to be reintroduced, not that the men would like having a woman on board." He grinned off toward the storm. "We'll be landing in a day or so, when that time comes, you will have to make some difficult choices, after all . . ." He turned to face her finally. "Nothing is what it seems. Not in this world or any other."

He walked over to her, standing a step or two before her, looking down to meet her eyes. "Have you ever even shot a gun before? held a sword? you clean just fine, stay out of the way well even, but I wonder . . . "

Offline Ginger

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
She wasn't sure what scared her the most? The storm waling off to the side, just out of reach but still so close with the prospect of taking them down to the briny deep or the fact that he was so calm. His composure was ridiculous. She wondered what this man had seen in his life to steel his nerves this much to the point that a storm that could potentially kill them didn't phase him. She didn't get it. At all.

A crack of lightening stuck the water just off to the right and she jumped. Nope. Not a fan of this, but she had to put her big girl panties on because this was happening and she definitely can't run from this. Ugh.

"Reintroduce? I can barely get them to accept me now as a man. They already don't trust me... and they sure as hell won't accept me as a woman," she paused, feeling slightly sick; the rolling seas weren't helping this either. The thunder pulsed around them and a rain drop hit on her the cheek. "Do you honestly think they won't murder me in my sleep? None of this situation is going to get any better. I'm already up shits creek with out a paddle, it's surprising I have a boat, even..." She looked down at her feet, feeling slightly more disappointed in herself than usual. The win ruffled her hair and blew around her and she tried to reign it in with a leather strap. With a defeated grunt she tossed the strap and just stared at him.

Her tough guy act was failing her. They knew what she was, so why would she bother to keep it up?

"Guns? What do guns have to do with this?  I've never shot a gun... Dealt with knives before.. And, as a matter of fact," she reached down into the band of her trousers and pulled out his dagger, the blade felt warm in her hands from being pressed against her skin this whole time. She flipped it around and presented it to him, "Almost forgot about this." She offered it to him with a coy smile.

"Well, at this point, sir," she wiggled the dagger at him. "I'm your pawn and you'll just have to use me as you see fit, I guess. I'm rather adept at picking up certain skills. I mean, hell, I did end up here on this vessel of yours, right?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:22:48 PM by Ginger »

Offline Mikkaddo

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 08:58:02 PM »
He took the dagger from her, spun it around in his hand a few times, juggled it between them, then handed it back to her, hilt first. "Keep it, maybe you can learn to use it. That's no ordinary blade, but you'll learn what it is soon enough, worry not." He then reached into his coat, and pulled out a black leather sheath, handing it to her as well. It had silver accents in the shape of vines and a small rose near the point on either side of where the blade would be when sheathed.

Then he reached into his coat again and pulled out a pistol. "You will need to learn to use these as well. Where we're going, what we do . . . a gun in your hand is more than useful, it's necessary." He pointed it at her, directly between the eyes. "If you face a man with one, and all you have to you is the blade, hidden away against your thigh in it's little sheath . . . where do you think, that the hammer will fall?" He pulled the trigger, the hammer fell forward, and for an instant it seemed as if the world had slowed to a crawl, finally, after a what felt like ages, the hammer fell to the end, and a click sounded between them from the pistol.

"I need to know you can actually be trusted. What use I have for you . . . will require a sacrifice on your part." He put the pistol away. "In no uncertain terms . . . for my use, you will have to die." He said it with the same flat voice as he always spoke with, but the look in his eyes said that his words meant something more than what he had simply said.

Offline Ginger

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
She couldn't say she was surprised he handed it back to her, in fact she'd taken a liking to the dagger and she secretly hoped that he'd give it back to her at some point. "It's gorgeous..." She said as she sheathed the dagger and it slid into it's sheath with a soft click. With a grin she clipped it to her pants.

She was still so enamored with the dagger that she hadn't realized he pulled a pistol on her. When she looked up she was staring right down it's barrel. She raised her eyebrow at him. She wasn't sure if he expected her to drop to her knees or flinch, but she wasn't going to do any of that. This wasn't the first time she'd been on the wrong end of a pistol.

She listened to him and kept her eyes on the weapon, it wasn't very large but it was threatening and if it were loaded she'd be dead before she could could even talk her way out of this. She didn't think that it was loaded. Why would he talk her up this much only to kill her on the deck at midnight?

He did have a point though, having a pistol was a better choice than a knife. A bullet was far quicker than a blade. Though, the blades had their uses, too. She understood his point and when the hammer finally fell it confirmed her theory. It wasn't loaded, but that didn't stop her stomach from lurching.

She squared her shoulders at him, her stomach still rolling like the sea beneath them. "I've told you before, you can trust me. I'll do anything. I'm willing to die for you if that's what it takes."

She could never tell what he meant, but hey, dying wasn't anything she was overly afraid of. And, knowing this man, she might not actually have to die in the literal sense? But, honestly, who knew?

"You. Can. Trust. Me."

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:35:15 PM by Ginger »

Offline Mikkaddo

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »
He made a face, for once grinning down at her. "We'll see soon enough. When we make our landing, tell Willem you need a pistol, it'll be an old one, broken or filthy, but it'll be better than nothing." He turned to face the storm again. "Don't be afraid . . . I wonder who taught you that?" He turned to look at her again "Every time something fearful happens to you on this ship. Every time death seems to grab you and embrace you, ready for you to shudder and screech . . . you seem to stand firm."

"Stay out of the way as much as you can until landfall, the less they see of you . . . the less they'll notice any . . . ." he paused, as if trying to find the right word. "Differences . . ."

Offline Ginger

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 11:28:53 PM »
She stood swaying with the rock and roll of the ship, her hair a mess and a look of determination spreading over her face. She was shocked to see he had other emotions than cold and placid. He made a different smirk. Hm.

"Alright," she said, "I'll ask him in the morning.." Right now she was exhausted and this day took everything out of her and things hurt that have never hurt before. "Well," she whispered up at him, "When life gives you the shit end of the stick like it has me, you just learn to roll with the punches. Literally." In all honesty she was up and down with her fear levels lately but this wasn't as bad as the time she was beaten within an inch of her life because someone found out what she was. A woman. And she'd give anything to keep that hidden for fear of it happening again.

Somethings scared the hell out of her, but others? Keeping a level head was key here or she wouldn't make it out alive.

"Staying out the way is what I do, sir." She called as she pulled her hood up and made her way back to her cabin.

Offline Mikkaddo

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2017, 01:59:38 AM »
The rest of that night there were men rushing back and forth. Making certain the ship avoided the storm and made it to the land. When the sun came up, one of the men called down to the ship. "LAND HO!" there was an island before them, a green spike stabbing forth from the blue and black ocean below them. The storm was rushing up to meet them from behind though, it was clearly still miles off, but it looked as though it might just turn away at any moment.

When she came on deck, after the call came down through the decks for everyone to muster and ready to make landfall, the Captain was up at the wheel, directing the ship into it's stop. Once he had it set in place and the anchor down, he turned and watched the Storm. Seemingly fascinated by it, like it was alive.

Willem was rushing among the men, barking orders and threatening beatings and murder, as he usually did. He didn't seem to notice Kar, also as he usually did, but all the while, men moving back and forth, carrying the huge chained crates 3 and 4 men to a crate up out of the lower decks and down the gangplank, he never turned to look at them, he stayed at the railing, his arms crossed behind himself, watching the storm. Studying it, almost like he and the storm had a cfommunication between them.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 12867
  • Total Topics: 997
  • Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 102
  • (December 03, 2016, 10:17:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3