Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2017, 09:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Events  (Read 353 times)

Offline Bones

Future Events
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
Okay, following the Truth or Dare event, activity has really picked up. Thank you guys for that. This is absolutely the result we wanted! Keep it up.  8)
[Also, make sure to leave feedback about that event here]

Coming up, remember that the Whodunnit is planned for next Saturday!

Moving forward, though, I'd like some feedback before planning new events after the Whodunnit. So, leave some feedback here as well. Which days work best for you, and which times? As well, which type of events do you prefer? We will certainly keep a mix, but knowing which is most popular helps planning.
[You can vote for multiple days, multiple times, and multiple types. Just be sure you give some feedback if you have specifics to comment on!]

Also! Votes are anonymous. So if you are worried about people possibly knowing you'd prefer to get busy than write a story, don't fret.  8)

As a note on the "Evening" option. I set it to midnight, but during the ToD we went longer. The Whodunnit won't go that long. Structured will be shorter, and open ended will go until everyone sort of dwindles down and fizzles out for the night.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:54:05 PM by Bones »
On very tiny pivots do human lives turn.

Offline Amariithynar

Re: Future Events
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:44:08 AM »
While this is a good measure of pro-active people, considering how only five signed up for the TorD event but it actually went to over 21 throughout the night, I think we need to extrapolate out a bit, as well as do a follow-up for people's singular preferences on day, timeframe, and type of event, rather than what they generally are willing to do, so we can get a better measure of what people actively are interested in. Not much of a feedback, but there ya go.

Offline Earthfox-twinwolf

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:46:00 AM »
What about a event where we found out who killed who? The killer could have a reason to kill his victim, and hey you never know how it can turn out.
The day I have to be PC everyday? no thanks I like my freedoms.

Offline Bones

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:47:35 AM »
There's a follow up post, which I linked in my original post. As far as getting information from those who do not visit the forums, there's not really a reliable way for us to gauge that. That's why I keep reminding people throughout the day that this post is here. Clicking it, and clicking a couple of radio buttons isn't too hard. And it's already gotten more responses than the previous polls and sign ups did. I would have agreed with you before, but the ToD event seemed to get people a little more responsive to this, and the forums. So I think we're getting much better feedback because of that.  :D

Offline Bones

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:48:31 AM »
What about a event where we found out who killed who? The killer could have a reason to kill his victim, and hey you never know how it can turn out.

We're literally doing that next week, Earth! There's a Whodunnit planned for next Saturday. :) You can find posts about it in the forums, and I linked to a couple of them in the first post of this thread.  :)

Offline Amariithynar

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:42:12 AM »
There's a follow up post, which I linked in my original post. As far as getting information from those who do not visit the forums, there's not really a reliable way for us to gauge that. That's why I keep reminding people throughout the day that this post is here. Clicking it, and clicking a couple of radio buttons isn't too hard. And it's already gotten more responses than the previous polls and sign ups did. I would have agreed with you before, but the ToD event seemed to get people a little more responsive to this, and the forums. So I think we're getting much better feedback because of that.  :D

Follow-up to THIS one, since this is asking people's general preferences, not the TorD; when people don't really have any plans, then selecting them all is fine, but the answer when having to choose just one or two, is going to likely be different. For example, myself; I just hit everything, since as far as my plans, I can be here for any of those timeframes on any of those days, since my volunteer shifts are in the morning, when I have them. However, if I had to pick, only one or two, I'd steer away from tuesdays,  since those are always the busiest, so those days are the ones that I have the least energy, usually. Timeframe doesn't change for me that much, but some days might be better for a specific timeframe for others. That's what I was thinking about.

As for the latter part, I meant extrapolating the data that this does get outwards on assumptives, expecting a similar result as the 5 sign-up to 21 turnout, though probably at a lesser ratio since more will likely be a bit more active, as you noted.

Offline Bones

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 06:47:53 AM »
As with the previous events, there will be preliminary posts to get a feel for the fondness of the idea and absorb any input, and then a sign up post. That's already the way I've been handling these things.

I'm still not sure what you mean. We only have five people even sign up for the ToD event, and less than that give feedback when I made the preliminary post. This post has been up for like 24 hours and it's already gotten 12 users to vote on it. So I don't think we need to get feedback in chat or anything. We're getting a good read here. And I expect that to continue into the specific posts I make about the new events I plan. This poll is simply to know which options people would prefer, so that the planning posts can be narrowed down.

Offline Gadget

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 04:48:44 AM »
Are there any events planned for the future? :D
Nerd? I prefer the term "Intellectual Badass".

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 12867
  • Total Topics: 997
  • Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 102
  • (December 03, 2016, 10:17:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3