Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 11:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ToD Event  (Read 793 times)

Offline Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Elder
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Yiffs: 1010
  • Awards: Attended the FW Truth or Dare Event 5/13/2017Attended the first FW Event Night 10/12/16
ToD Event
« on: May 09, 2017, 02:14:22 AM »
This is the sign up thread for the Truth or Dare event. There will be some elements of spin the bottle (such as with who we choose, and using kissing as consequences for not completing dares), but in order to keep things interesting, we're going to focus on Truth or Dare for now.

This will start at 6PM EST on May 13th. If you show up a little late, or have to leave early, that's okay. But if you can be there at the start, that is ideal. This will run for two hours, but may well continue longer if people are still interested in playing. The setting will be the club. Drinking, snacks, and a little fun! [Drinking irl definitely encouraged, too. Let go of those inhibitions and make out with someone you just met!]

For this event, you are expected to be in character, but you don't have to be actively participating in the game. If your character would rather observe off to the side, that's okay, as long as you are participating in the RP nature of it. Characters are, and will be, encouraged to participate, though. I will act as the host to the party, as well as in the game, and will keep everyone on track.

In an effort to make sure no one is overlooked, we have come up with a system that ensures everyone who wants to participate can. That will be explained more on the day, though. But rest assured that no one will be excluded.  :D

Can't wait to see you all there!
On very tiny pivots do human lives turn.

Offline Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Elder
    Attack Member
  • Awards: Attended the FW Truth or Dare Event 5/13/2017Attended the first FW Event Night 10/12/16
Re: ToD Event
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:37:39 AM »
As a note, those who participate in this event [not just log into the chat, but participate] will be awarded an additional entry into the Mystery Egg Raffle!

Offline LaffinFox

• Gatherer
    Attack Member
  • Yiffs: 87
  • I am the Laffin' Fox
  • Awards: Attended the FW Truth or Dare Event 5/13/2017
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:33:59 AM »
Well, given my unpredictable work schedule, I cannot promise that I will make it, but on the off chance that I can, count me in!
Venni viddi venni (I came, I saw, I came)

Offline Lattenmon

• Hunter
    Attack Member
  • Yiffs: 102
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:28:09 AM »
SHould be around at that time, if things don't get stupid at work.

EDIT: Actually, won't be able to be around, I work 11-8pm central that day.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:06:49 AM by Lattenmon »
I must say, there is not nearly enough nudity in life.

Offline Libby

• Administrator
  • Gatherer
  • Attack: 98
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • Yiffs: 16
  • Awards: Attended the FW Truth or Dare Event 5/13/2017Attended the first FW Event Night 10/12/16Foxy Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »
Sign me up. I'll also have to leave a little early for work, but if it's going to keep going, I'll be home around ten central, after leaving for work at 6:45 central.
See for yourself!

Offline Amariithynar

• Cub
    Attack Member
  • Yiffs: 0
  • If my name is too much a mouthful, call me Amari.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »
Signing up, as I said I would.

Offline Tanya

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 09:37:23 PM »
I can't make it. Outside of work, I already got some plans with someone.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:40:25 PM by Tanya »

Offline Timber

• Gatherer
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 07:54:19 AM »
Twas fun, we should have more no holds barred events like that! Gives folks an opertunity to do stuff with people they usually dont do things with =D
Don't tread on me,  restore the Republic
 Born to Pewpewpew

Offline Amariithynar

• Cub
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 01:52:15 PM »
Something this event has shown me: Add upcoming events to Sentinel that it can chirp out when you enter chat as a whisper, or just a blurb of information attached to the chyron that tells you about the channel when you enter it. So many people just skip even glancing at the forums and come into the chat it's not funny.   >:(

Offline Azhtek

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Attack: 100000
    Defense: 100000
    Attack Member
  • Yiffs: 1000000
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »
We do have a scrolling marquee at the top of the chat which lists the latest news and upcoming events for the chat. Right now, the MotD displayed at the top of each channel lists a channel description. Theoretically, I could have a bot on a timer make an announcement, but with the same info already in the marquee, I think that it might be a bit too intrusive.

People just have to take the initiative to go to the forums if they want info on events. If it'll make people more likely to visit, I could just add in a button that will take them directly to the forums.

Offline Amariithynar

• Cub
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »
We do have a scrolling marquee at the top of the chat which lists the latest news and upcoming events for the chat. Right now, the MotD displayed at the top of each channel lists a channel description. Theoretically, I could have a bot on a timer make an announcement, but with the same info already in the marquee, I think that it might be a bit too intrusive.

People just have to take the initiative to go to the forums if they want info on events. If it'll make people more likely to visit, I could just add in a button that will take them directly to the forums.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about the marquee at first, but then realized that since it's outside the chat frame, even with it scrolling like that, it's not as likely to be within people's attention zone, since they're more likely to be looking to the left and down where the chat itself is happening, once they read the short log of what happened before they entered the chat themselves; I'm glad it's not in an obtrustive space, at the same time, since otherwise it'd quickly get irritating- it's a bit of a no-win, as far as I can see, there. If you think using the marquee would work, though, then by all means use that instead of my suggestions. I'm just trying to think of a way to make it more obvious to the chat-only goers, so we don't get repeats of "wait, what's going on? a Truth or Dare event? I never heard of this." as kept happening through the night.

Offline Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Elder
    Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 04:32:16 PM »
We can only do so much to help others before they have to do a bit to help themselves. There were multiple posts in the forums, multiple reminders about the event etc from myself and Azh IN the chat. And the marquee is there to let people know what's going on, which should direct them to forums anyway.

In addition, there's a feature on the homepage called "recent" which alerts users, who look at it, to the threads which have gotten posts in them.

I guess what I mean to say is that there are ample ways to learn about what's going on. I don't think we can do more than we have for that.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 13128
  • Total Topics: 1018
  • Online Today: 3
  • Online Ever: 102
  • (December 03, 2016, 10:17:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1